Everything Old is New Again
Hung out with Katie last night.
We went to Coach, of course.
I'd promised myself that I wasn't going back there with here. Well, at least not just me and her, but I was so eager to rebuild the friendship that I broke my rule.
It was awkward at first, trying to find those old rhythm and routine. Every time I saw one of the "regulars" walk past, I could feel myself tense up. I wanted it to just be us.
We talked about work and improv and whatnot, but finally got to why I was mad at her. I told her that her enthusiasm at someone else's screenplay had hurt me when she'd never read mine. And she told me that she was upset that I just stopped talking to her instead of explaining what was wrong. A big ouch seeing as I had just chastised someone for clamming up on me the night before (sorry).
We started to find our old groove. Cocktail napkins became fierce battle grounds of Hangman games.
But things were different as well. Katie seemed more attentive. She invited me outside for her cigarette breaks or to come with on her trips to the jukebox.
This were different for me as well. I had an uncharacteristic response to any physical contact between us. I chalk it up to the fact that I was getting a bit buzzed by the second beer (no lunch or dinner), and I haven't been drunk for the past two months without having someone to make out with.
Like old times, we hung at Coach until closing. Then I pushed Katie to 7-11 in an abandoned shopping cart. She smoked in my car (she's the only one with that right as of now) and took pictures while I drove thru Wendy's.
Overall, a great night.
We'll have to do it again some time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home