Sunday, August 08, 2004

Return to sender

Today, like all Sundays, I called my grandmother.

Within all her complaining about how the rest of the family only comes to her when they want something, she mentioned that she went to the ex's parents' house to pick up my things.

I was supposed to do that. While I was home for my dad's birthday. There's a chair in the basement that I left there after Christmas. It was a present from my grandmother. A big recliner type chair that I'd obviously have no room for in my jail cell sized room.

My grandmother told me that she also got the two rings.

Ring number one was my class ring.

Ring number two was ring I bought her for Christmas. It was a promise ring. Kind of a last ditch effort to salvage the relationship.

While I was home over break, I broke up with the ex. I told her to keep the ring. That someday she might wear it again.

We ended up getting back together, only to break up (for good) a month and a half later.

I wasn't expecting to get the ring back. In fact, I was quite upset when I heard that my grandmother had it.

The ex is never going to wear it again.

I want a coke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home