Monday, October 11, 2004

Dammit

Yesterday I noticed some papers on the floor of the passenger seat of my car. I didn't really think anything of it. There are always papers all over my car. I guess the only reason it caught my attention, no matter how briefly, was because I knew I'd put those particular papers in the glove compartment (it was the bill from my alignment/oil change and my new insurance information).

Today, driving home for IO it hit me. Someone had been in my car.

I came to this realization because I couldn't find my CD player.

Suddenly I remembered also noticing yesterday that my passenger door was unlocked. I usually don't pay much attention because it's such a rare event that I have a passenger. So, more then likely, while the mechanics were working on my car, they opened the passenger door and didn't lock it. Then me, the constant lone driver, failed to check the lock. Which all ends with me losing my CD player.

It isn't that big of deal. Since I lost my first CD player in Los Angeles (my fault, I forgot it), I made sure not to buy an expensive replacement in case something similar happened again.

What is a big deal is that there was my copy of the Garden State Soundtrack in the player when it was taken. When I lost my last CD player, the Rolling Stone's Forty Licks disc one went with it.

Now I'm sitting in the coffee shop trying to write without my current writing CD.

Pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home