Thursday, October 07, 2004

Top of the World

What a difference a day can make. Especially when that day is payday.

Last night I went to a miserable hermit, irritated by everyone around them to a joyous king, ready to dish out blessings. All thanks to direct deposit. Like I said at dinner yesterday (which was being bought for me), I only have two settings: “Bring me your tastiest wench” and “are you going to finish that.”

Today I’m in tastiest wench mode. I’ve got a full tank of gas, my cell phone bill is paid off, and there’s still enough left over for me to survive pretty nicely for the next two weeks. Every time I’m stuck living off $20 for the three days leading up to my paycheck, I tell myself it’s the last time. I’m going to manage my money better. Make it last.

Then I end up at Toi thinking that a little bit of desert will fill the spaces that my $10 meal did not.

But for now Hurrah! Bring me the menu!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home