Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Death to Robert

Yesterday we had MAB training. That's the Management of Assaultive Behavior. Basically de-escalating clients (we're not allowed to call them patients anymore) that are on the verge of becoming dangers to themselves or others.

Julian, our instructor, told us, "It's basic human nature that when we feel pain we strike out against the person causing the pain."

That explains why I wanted to punch my cycling class instructor Robert this morning.

It's only my second day back to the cycling. I was about fifteen minutes, starting to see my life flash before my eyes, when Robert told us to "give the resistance a big turn to the right." Easy for him to say. He was walking around, not even on a bike. I would have punched him if I could do it without losing balance and falling to the floor. I have to pay extra attention to do anything else while cycling: getting a drink of water, toweling off my head, exhaling.

I did make it all the way through the class. Then I came to work, and they gave me free corndogs.

One step forward, two steps back (with mustard).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home