Behind Door Number One
You should all be very proud of me. I went down and joined the party (see last post).
After standing around in my room and listening to what I'm pretty sure was a couple guys snorting coke outside my room, I decided that if I stayed in my room for the rest of the night, I'd regret it. So I went to my car, grabbed a bottle of water, and hung out by the television. I listed to bad singing and worse political/social debate.
Just as I was getting settled, I received a phone call from Katie, which totally surprised me. First of all that my phone was getting service anywhere (the stupid thing has been driving me crazy) and secondly because Katie was calling me. She was drunk, obviously.
I retreated to my room so I could hear Katie, and while I was trying to explain how the party guests were an amalgamation of hipster/goth/indie rocker (she didn't think it was possible), some guy I didn't recognized came to my door and said, "Drew, come down stairs." And then pointed to the beer in his hand.
Katie was just finishing her walk home from the bar (she's walking now to cut down on drunken driving), so she told me she was gonna call her back, and I headed downstairs once again.
There I ran into Jason (roommate #2). He guided me to the beer and gave me his opinion on the majority of the guests ("There are about four people here I could just punch"). We hung out. He reintroduced me to Brandon, the guy who came to my room. Apparently we'd been introduced before at one of Jason's poker games (which I still haven't played it, but I should). I received another phone call from Katie saying that she and Matthew were going to come over and check the party out.
They arrived later on, while I was listening to a fevered, yet slightly ill-informed debate about the presidental election. Matthew was quickly put to work explaining the Electoral College as I got Katie the last beer in the house.
We fled from was becoming the "Yelling Kitchen," and I gave the two of them a short tour of the house. In Katie's words my room is not the size of a closet as I've been telling everyone but more "Bathroom-sized."
Matthew and I cracked jokes as Katie drew art on my dry erase board (don't worry, she didn't erase anything already there (I knew you were worrying)). Then she quickly switched to searching the web for places still open to eat. Out of nowhere, I completely freaked that she might check my recently visited web sites and find this blog. They still don't know about it, and I'm not sure if I'm ready to share with them.
We hit Fred 62 for some chili fries and sandwiches. Then they dropped me back at home.
I stuck my leftovers in the frige and had a little chit chat with Dawn (roommate #1) about how much of a pig Jason is and finally excused myself to bed.
That's where I lay now, watching "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade."
To recap: went downstairs. drunken debate, katie was on my bed, i have a big crush on my roommate, i seem to be growing some testicles.
I'm glad I chose door number one.
I've totally outgrown my armor.

1 Comments:
it's amazing what one can find after a good shave.
Post a Comment
<< Home