So much work
The reason I haven't really posted all that much lately is that I've been working a lot. My boss is on vacation, so she scheduled me to work more on the floor. Problem is, I get paid less for my time on the floor as I do in the office. Which isn't much help while I'm trying to save up money to rent a car when I go home for Christmas. With that in mind, I used my powers as master of the scheduling book to fill myself in for some overtime.
Tuesday I pulled a double shift. Sixteen hours in this hospital. Though the funny thing is, I actually had fun working on the floor (played a lot of cards and dominoes). Unfortunately the double meant I had to go to bed early on Monday, which kept me from doing anything other than a quick stop to the gym with my night. I signed myself up for another double shift for yesterday, but that patient that required 1:1 staffing came off her suicide/cutter watch, leaving us overstaffed, so I left about 3:30. All for the better because I was starting to fall asleep on the unit (not that that's anything new. I fall asleep all over this hospital).
Today, I'm back in the office, hence the big posts filled in for the holiday weekend. It's really cold in here, so I don't feel like doing any real work, but I'm catching up on what I do have to do, and getting a little time to scan buzznet and other people's blogs.
I'm thinking I'll look pretty good when time comes to fly back to Iowa. I'll have a car and some spending cash. I need a little vacation after all this work to save money for my vacation.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home