Last Night at Coach
I wouldn't have even gone, but I thought Desiree didn't want to talk to me, and the prospect of sitting at home and staring at an empty friends list made me depressed.
So when Katie called and asked me to come to Coach, I jumped at the chance to escape.
I should have know how it was going to be from the start. I arrived, and she was talking to a guy at the end of the bar. I walked two lengths of the room before I finally decided to cut in and say hello.
For a while, it was nice. We talked about New Year's Eve and Christmas. Chatted about work. Made fun of her friends for being stupid and drunk. We went outside and tried to ignore a creepy old guy who kept butting into our stories and saying stupid things.
Then there was the fifteen minute period where she literally stood with her back to me and had a conversation with someone else. I had talked to her other friends while she did her rounds of the place, but this was a full fifteen of me just standing behind her, alone, staring at her back.
Things got a little better. But then one of her more drunk friends went missing. I let her go to search for him. She went outside to see if he was puking in the alley, and once again, I was left alone. So finally, after about ten minutes, I went outside to aid her in her search.
And her jeep was gone.
She'd left. Didn't tell me. Didn't call or txt. She just left.
So I did, too.
That will be my last night at Coach.

1 Comments:
Stupid bitch
Post a Comment
<< Home