Friday the 13th Part XIII
Unlucky my ass. This Friday the 13th was so jammed packed with greatness, I don't know where to begin.
I started my day with rousing online conversations. Two women from my top five list and I chatted about the birthday party we were all planning to attend.
Then I went to meet Pat for lunch and stopped at a video store to pick up some used DVDs: Hellyboy and the Station Agent (I wanted City of G-d, but it was sold out). Over lunch, Pat and I discussed the screenplay reading (which we're both feeling pretty good about) and the current screenplay (which we're both feeling pretty good about).
Work wasn't even that bad. After a rough start, I settled down with my copy of Intelligent Life, highlighting my lines for tomorrow (tonight's) reading. Before I knew it, it was nine thirty, and I was walking out the door.
After a rough start (twenty minutes in line), I made it into the birthday part of someone I'd never met (and after the party was over, I can still say I never met her).
Three beers seemed to be the magic number. At that point, I could see past my own insecurities and fears and see what was really going on around me. People who once seemed cool and confident looked insecure and scared. I had one sexy woman trying to hide her attraction from me and another trying to hide it from everyone else.
Just as everyone was filing out, Matthew called me, wanting to get something to eat. We went for tacos and in the course of our idle chatter, Matt said something that (with my 3 beer vision) made me realized that I underestimate just how great a friend he is.
And I made it home to get my answering machine message saying that the guys in charge of the Game Testing department at Activision wanted me in for an interview.
Friday the 13 rocks.
Let's hope Saturday the 14th turns out well also.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home