Intelligent Life
The screenplay reading was a smashing success.
After a couple hours of agony waiting for everyone to show up and watching Sloniker highlight the four roles he didn't know he was reading. We finally made it up to the black box and started the show.
The actor playing Herman dropped out Wednesday, and after a half-hearted attempt to find a replacement, I decided to play the role myself. I had wanted to do it all along. I knew it would be fun, plus it saved me the agony of watching the reading from the audience. I can't stand not being able to effect what's going on. I would have ended up like Pat: drunk.
We got a lot of laughs. The actors seemed to have a great time. All and all, it went really well.
But I'm glad it's over. I left the theater drained of energy and fighting a headache.
What next? That's what everyone's asking me now.
Next: we move on. Write another screenplay. 'Intelligent Life' is funny, but it's very much the first work of two dorky college guys. While that might be completely acceptable around this town, I'd rather go forward with a script that I feel strongly about.
Not that that's 'Serial,' but I do think Pat feels strongly about that script. So he'll push it when it's finished.
I'm still waiting. Watching. But unfortunately, not writing enough.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home