Monday, January 31, 2005

Kick in the Pants

My boss came into my office today and closed the door. She does that whenever she wants to tell me stuff she doesn't want me to know. Mostly, she informed me about the changes that were coming to the hospital. Specifically, she's removing some of the nursing supervisors and putting herself back on the floor.

That's really no big deal. I think she should be on the floor. Only thing is that she won't have as much time to do the administrative part of her job. To compensate, they're hiring another person to take over that part of her job. And since this new person won't have to deal with any of the clinical issues, she'll be able to take on additional administration tasks, specifically the ones I do.

They want to send me back to the floor.

Working 3-11 pm.
With a 30% pay cut.
Dealing with coworkers who are chronically inept.

So all day today was spent applying to other jobs.

January has been an... well, interesting month for me. A lot of kicks to the pants. I've been forced to do a lot of things I should have done long ago. I'm just curious of what February will bring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home