The Undernourished Self-confidence of an Egomaniac
Today during one of my phone calls required to fill the silence of driving, a cute girl told me she used to have a crush on me. She hurried past it in the hopes that I didn’t hear it, and I let it go secure her escape. She’s madly in love now (with someone else), and I’m nothing but happy for her. Ecstatic.
She went on to join the chorus of voices telling me that I deserve better than the situation I’m currently in (which includes the voice of the individual sharing the situation with me).
I’ve heard this before. With the ex. I deserve better. In that case, it meant more in the way of “Go away and don’t hate me for telling you to go away.”
After I gave up at the gym tonight and still had 45 minutes left on my parking validation, I walked over to Amoeba and bought the ‘Garden State’ soundtrack. Now I’m listening to it copied onto my Xbox.
Maybe I do deserve a better situation.
Maybe I deserve my own girl with freckles.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home